Physical therapy and chiropractic care can be combined to treat chronic pain. Physical therapy shares many of the same goals as chiropractic care, whether your injury is from an accident or another source. Using both treatments simultaneously can provide the most optimal treatment plan. Physical therapy and chiropractic care are used when medication isn’t enough to treat pain.
Physical Therapy & Chiropractics in Holistic Health Care
It is possible to receive both treatments simultaneously. Having both therapies performed at the same time can often accelerate your recovery. Chiropractic care singles out the dysfunctions in your joints. The dysfunctions can cause nerve irritation, and physical therapy retains musculoskeletal systems. Retaining these systems helps the body heal faster.
Spinal misalignment causes problems in the entire body. Pain is only one of those problems. Poor muscle tone, ligament damage, and improper movement can also create pain. Working with a chiropractor and a physical therapist allows all complications to be addressed simultaneously. Combining these therapies can help alleviate pain caused by:
- Injuries sustained during sports: Countless individuals suffer injuries while playing sports. Broken bones, torn muscles, injured ligaments, and head injuries are only a few of the injuries suffered.
- Auto accident injuries: Injuries are bound to happen when you’re in a severe accident. If you’re wearing your seatbelt, the injuries can be less severe, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t treat the injuries. Accidents can cause back problems, joint issues, and other types of chronic pain.
- General pain: Pain in your spine can create pain in other parts of your body. And if acetaminophen and ibuprofen aren’t helping, it might be time to see a chiropractor and a physical therapist.
- Poor posture: Sitting, standing and walking while hunched over can cause your spine to be misaligned. Malformations in the spine can cause pain elsewhere.
- Corrective care complications: When surgery to correct another problem goes awry, this can cause complications in muscles, joints, and your back.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a condition that attacks your joints. Because arthritis attacks the joints, it can affect your neck and spine.
Dealing with these common problems means seeking help in more unorthodox ways. Combining therapies can help if you’re combining chiropractic care and physical therapy. When you can find a physician’s office that offers both therapies in the same building, it’s a significant relief. Physical therapy and chiropractic care are similar. However, there are unique traits in each type of therapy. Chiropractics target the spine, ensuring your back is aligned. Physical therapy addresses your muscles and joints.
Combining the Right Therapies for Your Health
When it comes to finding the right combination of therapies to help ease pain, the Alternative Health Center of the Woodlands is an excellent resource. We can assess your pain level and ensure you’re treated correctly. If you need to have chiropractic care and physical therapy simultaneously, we can get you started on a treatment plan. Call us to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Your health is paramount to us. We want you to enjoy your life like before the injury, arthritis, or other medical condition.